Red Lion Hotel Anaheim to Treat William & Kate Guests as Royalty
Absent a July Visit from Britain's Royal Couple, Hotel Offers Free Three-Night Stay to all U.S. William & Kate Married CouplesAnaheim, CA, July 5, 2011 – Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, located walking distance from Disneyland® Resort, was disappointed to learn that Britain's newlyweds Prince William and his bride Kate Middleton will not be visiting Disneyland on their official visit to the U.S. in July. Accordingly, the hotel is offering all U.S. married couples – named William and Kate – the royal treatment with a free three-night stay at its family friendly hotel during the month of July.
Royal Luxury – Stay Comfortable and Content"Of course we were sad for Prince William and Kate that they are not going to be visiting Disneyland during their U.S. vacation next month," said Red Lion Hotel Anaheim General Manager Paul Thornton. "We really thought after spending $48 million on their wedding just a few weeks ago, they would especially appreciate very reasonable rates (a steal in comparison to a castle) while being treated in the luxury for which they are accustomed – with our casually sleek design, free breakfast, free parking, outdoor heated pool and rooms with free Wi-Fi, refrigerators, microwaves, granite bathrooms and 37 inch flat-screen TVs."
"So we decided to commemorate the royal couple's U.S. visit by offering a free three-night stay during the months of July and August to all the U.S. married couples named William and Kate (or Catherine)."
"We have only one small request," Mr. Thornton added, "that at the conclusion of their free three-night stay, these guests send a post card or short letter to Prince William and Kate to share highlights of their Red Lion Hotel Anaheim or Anaheim theme park visit with them since the royal couple was not themselves able to enjoy a stay with us."
William and Kate Royalty Free Three-Night Visit General Eligibility RulesEach eligible participant agrees as follows:
- Participants must provide a current passport or valid state driver's license to prove your first name (not middle, second, third or last) name is William and Kate or Catherine. [Exact spellings required.]
- The participating couple must provide a valid U.S. marriage certificate.
- The participating couple must be registered to stay in the same room and both parties must be present to claim the room.
- Reservations must be made at www.redlion.com willkate or call 1-800 Red Lion between July 1 and July 31, 2011 for a stay between July 1 and August 28, 2011, subject to availability. Upon check-in and presentation of your U.S. marriage certificate and passports or driver's licenses (to verify legal first names), the room fee will be waived for up to three nights. All other incidental and other charges, including food and beverage, will not be waived.
- The three-night room charges that may be waived for eligible participants is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
- May not be used in combination with any other promotion.
- Employees and immediate family members of Red Lion Hotels Corporation and its affiliates may not participate in this campaign.
About Red Lion Hotel Anaheim near Disneyland®Featuring a contemporary, timeless design, vibrant décor, state-of-the-art facilities and genuine service, the beautifully renovated Red Lion Hotel Anaheim is a refreshing destination in the heart of the Anaheim Resort area (www.anaheimredlion.com). Walking distance from Disneyland® Resort, Anaheim Convention Center, and Anaheim GardenWalk, our fresh, innovative hotel is a convenient destination for vacationing families, corporate travelers and meeting groups. From the moment you enter our dramatic marble lobby, bathed in natural tones and rich leather seating, you feel welcome.
The Red Lion Hotel Anaheim has been completely transformed to help you STAY COMFORTABLE, our brand philosophy. Our casually sleek design, warm color palette, inviting open spaces, and artistic finishes create an atmosphere of peace and playfulness where kids and grown-ups feel equally at home. Stay connected with Red Lion Hotel Anaheim at www.facebook.com/RedLionHotelAnaheim.